This Christmas, Uber India has decided to partner with Goonj, a non-profit organisation working for the under-privileged, for #uberDONATE wherein, old woolens can be given to the needy children as a part of the donation drive.
Goonj has been working for people who don’t have enough clothes for the last 17 years. Odha Do Zindagi (ODZ) is Goonj’s annual campaign during winters that creates awareness around the severe need of warm clothing for people living in far flung villages of India. The campaign urges urban masses to play a meaningful role in bridging the gap by contributing essentials like blankets, woolens, sarees, Pants/Jeans and Shoes etc.
Uber plans to reach those willing to donate and collect the woolens between 1 pm to 3 pm on December 24. The doorstep pick-up will be free of cost. In return, they are gifting a box of brownies curated by ‘The Bombaykery’.
The original post on Uber’s official website has the following details –
HOW IT WORKS
- Fire up your app between 1pm and 3pm on Saturday, 24th December
- Slide onto the #uberDONATE view on the app
- Request a ride the same way you request any other Uber ride
- If connected, your Uber will arrive within minutes!
- Once it arrives, our team will help load the cars with the bag / carton of woolens
- Once the donation has been collected, you will be handed some cool surprise swag
- Pack the items well and tight, in plain paper or cloth bag that will be easy to handle
- Make sure you collect a token thank you from the driver for being a #SecretSanta to the underprivileged children